COURSE TITLE: ECHOCARDIOGRAPHY TECHNICIAN
2180 clock hours SOC: 29-2031.00
This Echocardiography Technician Program is 2180 clock hours training consisting of seven (7) core courses, one (1) specialty course with 960 hours of clinical externships in an approved medical facility. The program is hybrid where classroom theory hours are taught in both synchronous and asynchronous learning while clinical skills are taught by direct instruction onsite.
This training which is also known as cardiac sonography is designed to teach students understand the in-depth nature of the heart, focusing on using ultrasound technology to take pictures of the heart muscles and related blood vessels creating two- dimensional ultrasonic records using imaging tools.
After successfully completing this course the student will be able to perform the following:
- Demonstrate proficient knowledge of medical terminology including human anatomy and physiology.
- Apply HIPAA rules in regard to privacy and patient information.
- Apply knowledge of local, federal, and state health care legislation such as proper documentation and reporting.
- Manage the clinical facility, equipment and inventory.
- Competently perform as an entry level sonographer in the learning domains for vascular sonography and cardiac sonography.
- Demonstrate skills in patient care and patient services.
- Clean and maintain imaging equipment to ensure they are working properly.
- Take ultrasounds images.
- Take notes, observe and record sonographic findings in patient records.
- Demonstrate professional conduct regarding ethical behavior within the scope of practice of a sonographer
|Total Clock hours
|Introduction to Sonography with Basic Math
|Medical Terminology, Anatomy and Physiology
|Medical Ethics and Patient Care
|Ultrasound Physics and Instrumentation