COURSE TITLE: FIBER OPTIC AND AUDIO-VISUAL TECHNICIAN
320 clock hours SOC 49-9052.00
The Fiber Optic and Audio Visual Technician is 320 clock hours training in hybrid format where classroom theory hours are taught in both synchronous and asynchronous learning and skills are taught by direct instruction onsite.
This program is designed to teach students understand the ever-increasing market for fiber communications, fiber transmission and the components involved providing topics of all areas of fiber infrastructures and fiber optics for telecommunications. It includes topics on how to identify fiber types, recognize various connectors used in fiber installation; and install, terminate, splice, and properly test installed fiber cable to existing standards. This program explores the history and future of fiber optics and fiber optics capabilities, and cost of installation. Students will also learn the fundamentals of system design, which covers system parameters ranging from system configuration to reading blueprints.
After successfully completing this course, the student will be able to:
- Demonstrate understanding of terminologies used in fiber optics.
- Inspect and troubleshoot existing fiber optics systems for problems that could interrupt service.
- Install new fiber backbone systems and wiring.
- Test existing fiber optic systems and repair those that don’t meet industry standards.
- Measure the strength of Internet speeds or cable connections to determine a system’s performance.
- Splice fiber strands as needed and troubleshoot problem areas.
- Analyze and describe the science and technology for basic audio, visual, and audiovisual systems integration.
- Set up and test an audio, video, and audiovisual network.
- Operate and maintain audio and video equipment in recording sets and other venues.
- Perform using diverse equipment for recording as well as with projectors, sound systems, video screens, and lighting.
- Store and transport AV and lighting equipment safely.
- Operate software to control AV technologies, prepare teleprompters with scripts; monitor live feeds to ensure transmission quality.
- Demonstrate effective communication, professional behavior and proper customer service.
|Total Clock Hours
|BASICS OF FIBER OPTICS
|CABLES, CONNECTORS AND SPLICES
|DESIGN AND INSTALLATION
|AUDIO VISUAL ESSENTIALS
|HOME THEATER BASICS
|VOICE, VIDEO AND NETWORK CABLING