COURSE TITLE: FIBER OPTIC AND TELECOMMUNICATIONS SPECIALIST
900 clock hours SOC: 49-9052.00
The Fiber Optic and Telecommunications Specialist program is designed to teach students understand the ever- increasing market for fiber communications, fiber transmission and the components involved as well as provide topics of all areas of fiber infrastructures and fiber optics for telecommunications.
This training is 900 clock hours hybrid format where classroom theory hours are taught in both synchronous and asynchronous learning and skills are taught by direct instruction onsite.
After successfully completing this course, the student will be able to:
- Inspect, test and repair cable and satellite television signals and associated equipment at subscriber’s premises.
- Install cable modems and software to enable Internet access at subscriber’s premises.
- Maintain and repair main aerial and underground coaxial and fiber optic cable television transmission lines, trunking and related distribution and interconnecting systems including power supplies and amplifiers.
- Inspect, monitor, test and adjust cable transmission and distribution systems.
- Repair or replace faulty cables, power supplies, amplifiers and other associated transmission and distribution equipment.
- Climb and work aloft on poles, ladders or other support structures.
- Inspect and troubleshoot existing fiber optics systems.
- Install new fiber backbone systems and wiring.
- Analyze and describe the science and technology for basic audio, visual, and audiovisual systems integration.
- Set up and test an audio, video, and audiovisual network.
- Operate and maintain audio and video equipment in recording sets and other venues.
- Operate software to control AV technologies, prepare teleprompters with scripts; monitor live feeds to ensure transmission quality.
- Demonstrate effective communication, professional behavior and proper customer service.
|Total Clock Hours
|CABLE TELEVISION TECHNOLOGY
|BROADBAND CATV NETWORKS
|CATV AND SATELLITE INSTALLATION AND TROUBLESHOOTING
|FIBER OPTICS TECHNOLOGY
|AUDIO VISUAL TECHNOLOGY
|CUSTOMER SERVICE RELATIONS