The Prestige Career College Nurse Assistant program teaches students the competencies to perform basic nursing skills to provide quality care for hospitals and long term care facilities. The program length is 160 hours and can be completed in 5-12 weeks.
Ready to Get Started?
Contact us today at [email protected], at (323) 433-9325 or click to submit a career interest form.Click Here
Nursing Assistant Program Description: (Direct and Hybrid)
PCC Nurse Assistant Training Program teaches the students basic skills and competencies for the role of a nursing assistant.
Training includescommunication and interpersonal relationships, safety and infection control, patient care skills, personal care procedures, vital signs, nutritional requirements and techniques, body mechanics, exercise and activity, emergency procedures, care to clients with special needs, end of life, rehabilitation and abuse prevention. and professionalism to work effectively in a healthcare setting.
The program is divided into 17 modules of theory and skills laboratory. Clinical training is conducted in skilled nursing facilities. Graduates are eligible for the California State Certification to become Certified Nurse Assistant (CNA).
- Demonstrate behaviors consistent with professional work ethics, legal responsibilities and scope of practice according to the California Department of Public Health for Nurse Assistants (Title 22).
- Demonstrate professional communication skills including recording and reporting, and legal and ethical responsibilities.
- Demonstrate safety and infection control practices that comply with standards of practice for nursing assistants.
- Demonstrate competence and proficiency in communication and interpersonal relationships, safety and infection control, patient care skills, personal care procedures, vital signs, nutritional requirements and techniques, body mechanics, exercise and activity, emergency procedures, care to clients with special needs, end of life, rehabilitation and abuse prevention.
- Adhere to the policies and procedures of clinical sites.
- Demonstrate compliance with standards of practice for nursing assistant.
- Demonstrate empathy and concern for the patient/resident’s comfort and well-being.
- Demonstrate critical thinking and problem solving.
- Demonstrate team building as a member of a medical team including effective relationship with patient/resident family.
- Demonstrate competence with all skills required for certification as a Certified Nurse Assistant.
COURSE LENGTH AND SCHEDULETotal Clock Hours: 160 hours
Full Time Day Class: 5 weeks / (Monday-Friday
Part Time Evening Class: 12 weeks (Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday, Sunday – Clinical)
- Direct classroom instruction (onsite classroom theory and clinical)
- Hybrid training (online classroom theory, synchronous instructor-driven and onsite clinical)
- Be 18 years of age. If applicant is below 18 years of age, parental consent is required
- Copy of valid Social Security card
- CA Driver’s License or Identification Card
- Live scan form
- Vaccination card
- Documentation of physical examination OR students may utilize the form of the facility requiring the PE
- CPR Card which maybe completed during the program
- Completion of CDPH Initial application
- Completion of Enrollment Agreement
Module Name of ModuleModule 1 Introduction
Module 2 Patients’ Rights
Module 3 Interpersonal Skills
Module 4 Prevention & Management of Catastrophe & Unusual Occurrences
Module 5 Body Mechanics
Module 6 Medical and Surgical Asepsis; Infection Control
Module 7 Weights and Measures
Module 8 Patient Care Skills
Module 9 Patient Care Procedures
Module 10 Vital Signs
Module 11 Nutrition
Module 12 Emergency Procedures
Module 13 Long-Term Care Patients
Module 14 Rehabilitative Nursing
Module 15 Observation and Charting
Module 16 Death and Dying
Module 17 Abuse
Theory Hours Clinical HoursModule 1 2 0
Module 2 3 1
Module 3 2 0
Module 4 1 1
Module 5 2 4
Module 6 2 8
Module 7 1 1
Module 8 14 40
Module 9 7 20
Module 10 3 6
Module 11 2 6
Module 12 2 1
Module 13 5 4
Module 14 2 4
Module 15 4 4
Module 16 2 0
Module 17 6 0
Total Hours 60 100
STATEMENT OF SATISFACTORY ACADEMIC PROGRESS
Satisfactory academic progress is defined as meeting acceptable standards as defined by predetermined objectives of the institution and of the program. These objectives are directly correlated to the performance standards set by Prestige Career College.
In order to graduate, Prestige Career College requires that all students complete 100% of all classroom and practical instruction. Students completing these requirements will receive a Certificate of Completion.
TRAINING REQUIREMENTS FOR ONLINE CLASSES
- Hardware and software requirements: Desktop computers or laptops with Windows 10, a webcam, microphone, and speakers. Using tablets or telephones is discouraged as these do not support all of the instructional materials.
- Attendance: To be successful in the online program, student must actively participate and be engaged in class and class activities. Students are required to attend class and participate just as if they were in a face-to-face course. Attendance is taken at the beginning of the class, after lunch break and towards the end of the class. A 100% completion of all theory and clinical hours is required to graduate.
- Clinical Sites are located in the Cities of Inglewood and Montclair in California
- Tuition $2,400.00
- Registration Fees (Non-Refundable) $75.00
- Books (Refundable) $60.00
- Uniforms (2 Sets) (Non-Refundable) $75.00
- Supplies and Materials $70.00
- Stethoscope/Blood Pressure Cuff (Non-Refundable)
- State Exam Fee (Refundable) $120.00
- Live Scan (Non-Refundable) $75.00
- CPR BLS (Refundable) $75.00
- Learning Management System (Non-Refundable)
- STRF (Non-Refundable) $7.50
Total Program Institutional Charges* $3,332.00
TOTAL CHARGE FOR THE CURRENT PERIOD OF ATTENDANCE $3,332.00
ESTIMATED TOAL CHARGES FOR THE ENTIRE EDUCATIONAL PROGRAM $3,332.00TOTAL CHARGES THE STUDENT IS OBLIGATED TO PAY UPON ENROLLMENT $3,332.00
Note: All charges are due and payable prior to the completion of the program.
*Total ProgramInstitutional Charges
REQUIREMENTS FOR GRADUATION
The candidate for a certificate of completion must:
- Complete all classes with a grade point average (GPA) of at least 70% (2.0) or C and comply with Attendance policy.
- Meet all applicable, classroom and skill proficiency standards.
- Meet all financial obligations to the school.